The BBC's Charter and its Producers Guidelines state:
...'Due impartiality lies at the heart of the BBC. All programs and services should be open minded, fair and show a respect for truth? [BBC reports should] contain comprehensive, authoritative and impartial coverage of news and current affairs in the United Kingdom and throughout the world??
How does the BBC measure up to its charter?
Alex Salmond and the SNP's support for terrorists.
This is the idiot who one day hopes to run a country yet is unable to run a Google search for facts.
God help us.
It only takes an IQ of two or more to work out that the Mavi Marmara fiasco was a political propaganda stunt organised by an Islamic regime and carried out by the terrorist group Hamas. But no. This got ol' Adolph into boycott Israel mode and whining for sanctions and the dregs he has for party followers calling for Israeli books to be burned. ( I find that last one particularly galling as Adolph was bursting blood vessels over the Satanic Verses burning affair)
If this turd is too thick to look up facts like Gaza recieves more aid per head of population than anywhere else in the world then he is not fit to run a bath, never mind a country. Does he not know that economic growth in gaza is running at 7% per year, higher than any country in Europe? Does he not know that life expectancy in Gaza is higher than that in Glasgow and many other parts of Scotland?
The world is laughing at you Fat Man. Try growing up.
The coward Salmond still doesn't have the moral guts to come clean with the Scottish people and tell them that the ideology he and his party are advocating with such a passion calls for Christian blood to flow like rivers in our streets and the choices the Scottish people will have when his dreams of a Caliphate come to fruition will be limited to two.
Support for Jihadists and Islamic extremists from Der Fuhrer Imam Salmond & Co.
I don't know if this ignorant c*nt of a man realises just how dangerous his actions are and what the inevitable consequences for the people of this country will be when these Jihadists get a foothold in the Scottish political camp.
Humza Yousaf has today tabled a motion in the Scottish Parliament to congratulate the Co-operative Group on ending trade with companies that export produce from illegal Israeli settlements in the West Bank.
The Co-operative Group has become the first major European supermarket group to boycott such goods, which is estimated to affect at least four suppliers.
Boycott this arsehole Salmonds party before he drags us into the dark ages.
The SNP are a f*cking disgrace and an embarrassment to Scotland.
Last Edit: May 12, 2012 18:32:27 GMT by Teddy Bear
Hey THR - Good as ever to see you, and I trust your recent trip went well.
Very well written article. It reminded me that back in 2007 I received this email from somebody for those who seriously wanted to boycott Israel, to make sure they did it properly.
So, you want to boycott Israel??
I'll be sorry to miss you, but if you are doing it - do it properly. Let me help you. Check all your medications. Make sure that you do not have tablets, drops lotions, etc., made by Abic or Teva. It may mean that you will suffer from colds and flu this winter but, hey, that's a small price for you to pay in your campaign against Israel, isn't it?
While we are on the subject of your Israeli boycott, and the medical contributions to the world made by Israeli doctors and scientists, how about telling your pals to boycott the following.....
An Israeli company has developed a simple blood test that distinguishes between mild and more severe cases of Multiple Sclerosis. So, if you know anyone suffering from MS, tell them to ignore the Israeli patent that may, more accurately, diagnose their symptoms.
An Israeli-made device helps restore the use of paralyzed hands. This device electrically stimulates the hand muscles, providing hope to millions of stroke sufferers and victims of spinal injuries. If you wish to remove this hope of a better quality of life to these people, go ahead and boycott Israel.
Young children with breathing problems will soon be sleeping more soundly, thanks to a new Israeli device called the Child Hood. This innovation replaces the inhalation mask with an improved drug delivery system that provides relief for child and parent. Please tell anxious mothers that they shouldn't use this device because of your passionate cause.
These are just a few examples of how people have benefited medically from the Israeli know-how you wish to block. Boycotts often affect research. A new research centre in Israel hopes to throw light on brain disorders such as depression and Alzheimer's disease. The Joseph Sangol Neuroscience Centre in the Sheba Medical Centre at Tel HaShomer Hospital, aims to bring thousands of scientists and doctors to focus on brain research.
A researcher at Israel's Ben Gurion University has succeeded in creating human monoclonal antibodies which can neutralize the highly contagious smallpox virus without inducing the dangerous side effects of the existing vaccine.
Two Israelis received the 2004 Nobel Prize in Chemistry. Doctors Ciechanover and Hershko's research and discovery of one of the human cells most important cyclical processes will lead the way to DNA repair, control of newly produced proteins, and immune defence systems.
The Movement Disorder Surgery program at Israel 's Hadassah Medical Centre has successfully eliminated the physical manifestations of Parkinson's disease in a select group of patients with a deep brain stimulation technique.
For women who undergo hysterectomies each year for the treatment of uterine fibroids, the development in Israel of the Ex Ablate 2000 System is a welcome breakthrough, offering a non-invasive alternative to surgery.
Israel is developing a nose drop that will provide a five year flu vaccine.
These are just a few of the projects that you can help stop with your Israeli boycott. But let's not get too obsessed with my ducal research, there are other ways you can make a personal sacrifice with your anti-Israel boycott.
Most of Windows operating systems were developed by Microsoft-Israel. So, set a personal example. Throw away your computer! Computers should have a sign attached saying Israel Inside. The Pentium NMX Chip technology was designed at Intel in Israel. Both the Pentium 4 microprocessor and the Centrum processor were entirely designed, developed, and produced in Israel. Voice mail technology was developed in Israel.
The technology for the AOL Instant Messenger ICQ was developed in 1996 in Israel by four young Israeli whiz kids.
Both Microsoft and Cisco built their only R. & D. facilities outside the US in Israel.
So, due to your complete boycott of anything Israeli, you can now have poor health and no computer.
But your bad news does not end there. Get rid of your cellular phone. Cell phone technology was also developed in Israel by MOTOROLA which has its biggest development centre in Israel. Most of the latest technology in your mobile phone was developed by Israeli scientists.
Feeling unsettled? You should be. Part of your personal security rests with Israeli inventiveness, borne out of our urgent necessity to protect and defend our lives from the terrorists you support.
A phone can remotely activate a bomb, or be used for tactical communications by terrorists, bank robbers, or hostage-takers. It is vital that official security and law enforcement authorities have access to cellular jamming and detection solutions. Enter Israel's Net line Communications
Technologies with their security expertise to help the fight against terror.
SO ALL THE NOISE ABOUT THE USA LISTENING TO OUR PRIVATE TELEPHONE CALLS, YOU SHOULD KNOW IT IS ISRAEL WHO IS DOING THE LISTENING FOR US.
A joint, non-profit, venture between Israel and Maryland will result in a 5 day Business Development and Planning Conference next March. Elected Israeli companies will partner with Maryland firms to provide innovation to the US need for homeland security.
I also want you to know that Israel has the highest ratio of university degrees to the population in the world.
Israel produces more scientific papers per capita - 109 per 10,000 - than any other nation.
Israel has the highest number of start-up companies per rata. In absolute terms, the highest number, except the U.S., Israel has a ratio of patents filed.
Israel has the highest concentration of hi-tech companies outside of Silicon Valley. Israel is ranked #2 in the world for venture capital funds, behind the USA.
Israel has more museums per capita.
Israel has the second highest publication of new books per capita.
Relative to population, Israel is the largest immigrant absorbing nation on earth.
These immigrants come in search of democracy, religious freedom or expression, economic opportunity, and quality of life.
Believe it or not, Israel is the only country in the world which had a net gain in the number of trees last year.Even Warren Buffet of Berkshire-Hathaway fame has just invested millions with Israeli Companies.
So, you can vilify and demonize the State of Israel. You can continue your silly boycott, if you wish. But I wish you would consider the consequences, and the truth.
Think of the massive contribution that Israel is giving to the world, including the Palestinians - and to you - in science, medicine, communications, security.
Pro rata for population, Israel is making a greater contribution than any other nation on earth.
Then there is this for what Israel achieved in 2008
ISRAEL'S ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE FIRST MONTHS OF 2008
(And in the same period of time, what has the Muslim world accomplished?)
1. Scientists in Israel, found that the brackish water, drilled from underground desert aquifers, hundreds of feet deep, could be used to raise warm-water fish. The geothermal water, less than one-tenth as saline as sea water, free of pollutants, and a toasty 98 degrees on average, proves an ideal environment.
2. Israeli-developed designer-eyeglasses, promise mobile phone and iPod users, a personalized, high-tech video display. Available to US consumers next year, Lumus-Optical's lightweight and fashionable video eyeglasses, feature a large transparent screen, floating in front of the viewer's face that projects their choice of movie, TV show, or video Game.
3. When Stephen Hawkins visited Israel recently, he shared his wisdom with scientists, students, and even the Prime Minister. But the world's most renown victim of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig's disease, also learned something, due to the Israeli Association for ALS' advanced work in both embryonic and adult stem cell research, as well as its proven track record with neurodegenerative diseases. The Israeli research community is well on its way, to finding a treatment for this fatal disease, which affects 30,000 Americans.
4. Israeli start-up, Veterix, has developed an innovative new electronic capsule that sits in the stomach of a cow, sheep, or goat, sending out real-time information on the health of the herd, to the farmer via Email or cell phone. The e-capsule, which also sends out alerts if animals are distressed, injured, or lost, is now being tested on a herd of cows, in the hopes that the device will lead to tastier and healthier meat and milk supplies.
5. The millions of Skype users worldwide will soon have access to the newly developed KishKish lie-detector. This free internet service, based on voice stress analysis (a technique, commonly used in criminal investigations), will be able to measu re just how truthful that person on the other end of the line, really is.
6. Beating cardiac tissue has been created in a lab from human embryonic stem cells by researchers at the Rappaport Medical Faculty and the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology's biomedical Engineering faculty. The work of Dr. Shulamit Levenberg and Prof. Lior Gepstein, has also led to the creation of tiny blood vessels within the tissue, making possible its implantation in a human heart.
7. Israel's Magal Security Systems, is a worldwide leader in computerized security systems, with products used in more than 70 countries around the world, protecting anything from national borders, to nuclear facilities, refineries, and airports. The company's latest Product, DreamBox, a state-of-the-art security system that includes Intelligent video, audio and sensor management, is now being used by a major water authority on the US east coast to safeguard the utility's sites.
8. It is common knowledge that dogs have better night vision than humans and a vastly superior sense of smell and hearing. Israel's Bio-Sense Technologies, recently delved further, and electronically analyzed 350 different barks. Finding that dogs of all breeds and sizes, bark the same alarm when they sense a threat, the firm has designed the dog bark-reader, a sensor that can pick up a dog's alarm bark, and alert the human operators. This is just one of a batch of innovative security systems to emerge from Israel, which Forbes calls 'the go-to country for anti-terrorism technologies.'
9. Israeli company, BioControl Medical, sold its first electrical stimulator to treat urinary incontinence to a US company for $50 Million. Now, it is working on CardioFit, which uses electrical nerve stimulation to treat congestive heart failure. With nearly five million Americans presently affected by heart failure, and more than 400,000 new cases diagnosed yearly, the CardioFit is already generating a great deal of excitement as the first device with the potential to halt this deadly disease.
10. One year after Norway's Socialist Left Party launched its boycott Israel campaign, the importing of Israeli goods has increased by 15%, the strongest increase in many years, Statistics Norway reports.
In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have those who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed ?
So you might want to let the SNP know what it is exactly that they need to give up f they really want to boycott Israel properly
I've long thought that this is the Catch 22 of Jews. As a long persecuted minority they've endeavoured in every area to contribute to society in an effort to be accepted and 'safe'. However, their success really made them stand out, and as a bi-product created resentment and jealousy among the less 'gifted' in society, which is the majority. Hence the desire to further persecute them among the lower strata of society and humanity.
So the cycle continues, and I don't know what can ultimately break it, at least not with the existing mentality displayed by so much of the 'humanity'.
Post by thehighlandrebel on Sept 6, 2012 23:30:05 GMT
Allah Salmond has his wish and appoints Hamza Yousaf as minister. Hamza Yousaf is a suporter of Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood who don't only call for the destruction of Israel and the gonocide of the Jewish people but also the eradication of Christianity in Western Europe.
No mention of the innocent victims who were butchered and maimed as a result of showing this short You Tube clip though or condemnation of the anti semitic and anti Christian propaganda that appears in the media daily throughout the Islamic world.
Last Edit: Oct 11, 2012 19:10:14 GMT by Teddy Bear
Post by thehighlandrebel on Oct 11, 2012 21:46:46 GMT
Thanks Teddy. Just catching up on things and nothing seems to have changed. The b-bbc are still lying through their teeth and the SNP are still supporting jihadists in Scotland.
But I scent a change in the air regarding our politicians and their attitude towards the beeb. No more can the IBC claim to be the much loved impartial institution they brainwash the public about but are being exposed as the corrupt insidious liars that they are.
I wish I could believe that politicians have changed their attitude toward the BBC, but they're really too gutless to allow anything that's been shown to have gone on there to let that happen. All they really do is say what they believe the public wants to hear, for as long as they think it makes any difference. They wouldn't really dream of taking the BBC on for fear of what it might do to their careers if they don't succeed.
I certainly look forward to any Murdoch 'revenge' he can muster.
Post by thehighlandrebel on Dec 8, 2012 13:26:41 GMT
Thanks Teddy. It's a bit of a dilemma. As you know I don't have any time for the SNP but if there was a chance of escaping from the EU with a vote for independence then I might be tempted to vote for them. The European parliament say that England (plus Wales and NI) would have to re-apply as well so it might be the only chance we get of having a say if we want to be in Europe or not since non of the mainstream parties will give us a chance to vote on it despite making promises at every election.
At present, the BBC is only answerable to itself in deciding its standards and coverage. How does it measure up to what you consider good quality, and impartial and unbiased reporting as required by its charter? All TV viewers in the UK are forced by law to pay for this 'service'. Do you believe that what is received truly 'serves' the society, - or merely increases the problems within it?
Your perceptions of BBC output are important and welcome. Register and activate your account to be able to post